Moran Aged Care has been providing aged care services to Australia's senior population for over 60 years. Our mission is to enable individuals in our care to enjoy each day to the best of their ability and to celebrate who they are. Food service is a key part of our strategy. Please visit our website for more details - www.morangroup.com.au
We are seeking an experienced Chef for our Moran Sylvania facility. The Chef position reports to the Chef Manager in running the day to day functions of the kitchen facility and this includes overseeing food services in the absence of the Chef Manager. The Chef supports the Chef Manager in the day to day delivery of food services at the facility and ensures the dietary and nutritional needs of residents are met.
- Menu Preparation and planning in line with HACCP guidelines
- Management of all food preparation and cooking activities including preparation of special dietary requirements for residents
- Implement and maintain all infection control and safe food handling procedures
- Leading, coaching and development of delegated staff
- Timely completion of all required documentation and reporting
- 2IC to Chef Manager
- Certificate in Commercial cookery or equivalent is essential
- Previous experience in aged care or Hospital.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Valid working rights and valid police clearance