Moran Aged Care has been providing aged care services to Australia's senior population for over 60 years. Our mission is to enable individuals in our care to enjoy each day to the best of their ability and to celebrate who they are. Please visit our website for more details - www.morangroup.com.au
An exciting opportunity exists for a motivated and experienced Purchasing Officer to join our Head Office team located in the Sydney CBD. Report to the Chief Operating Officer you will manage many aspects of purchasing to efficiently and cost-effectively support the organisation’s health care operations. You will be responsible for sourcing and evaluating suppliers, negotiating contracts, reviewing product quality and procuring goods and services.
- Identify and source new suppliers and vendors.
- Manage vendor and supplier selection process based on price, quality, support, capacity and reliability with the support of a Business Analyst.
- Plan, manage, and coordinate all activities related to the sourcing and procurement of supplies needed to meet the business needs.
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with key suppliers and vendors.
- Maintain a procurement database, ensuring that records are complete and current.
- Provide communication of inventory related topics to internal teams.
- Develop, negotiate and administer purchasing agreements and contracts with suppliers in support of organisational requirements.
- Manage risk relating to quality, cost, delivery and supply of purchases.
- Intermediate skills in purchasing, gained in Aged Care or Disability Services would be highly regarded
- Candidates from a Hospitality background would also be highly regarded
- Ability to write reports and record keeping of purchasing activity
- Intermediate computer skills (proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Previous experience in purchasing essential
- Knowledge of project management principles and practices
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships with key stakeholders
- Knowledge of all laws and regulations relating to procurement and contracts or a willingness to acquire
- Current Police Check and Influenza Vaccination, or willingness to obtain
- Valid Working Rights
If you are interested in joining a team of passionate hardworking professionals don’t delay, apply now.
Salary Range: $75,000 - $80,000 + superannuation
Previous applicants should not apply.